College Planning Resources
Exploring and Preparing for College:
- www.collegeboard.com The College Board offers a variety of tools and resources to help you prepare and plan for college. Use “College MatchMaker” to generate a list of colleges that match your students’ preferences. Create and manage a personal list of colleges with “My Organizer.” Have your students get ready for the SAT by taking an official, free practice test.
- www.actstudent.org The ACT student site provides information on many aspects of planning for college, including career planning and financial aid. Students can also register for the ACT and find materials to prepare for the test.
- www.educationinhawaii.com SOAR is a free online program for all Hawai‘i students offering testing and tutorials in reading and math for grades 3-12 and free SAT/ACT Online Test Preparation courses.
Paying for College:
- www.fafsa.ed.gov Learn all about the FAFSA, the Free Application for Federal Student Aid, usually the first step in seeking financial aid for higher education.
Scholarships and Grants
- www.uhf.hawaii.edu The UH Foundation awards millions of dollars in UH scholarships to students of varying abilities, financial need, and academic goals. Browse all of the available scholarships.
- University of Hawai'i System Scholarships - The UH System Scholarships are open to students who are admitted as a regular student attending any one of the ten campuses of the University of Hawai'i System. Deadline to apply March 1, 2012, 4:00pm HST.
- www.hawaiicommunityfoundation.org Apply for more than 150 different scholarship funds established by local individuals, businesses, and organizations through the Hawai'i Community Foundation. Deadline to apply, February 17, 2012.
- www.supercollege.com Search their massive free database of over 2.8 million awards to find the perfect scholarship for you.
For additional college and career planning resources – click here